In case your bathroom or En Suite is appearing tired and old, using grubby dull and grout, dated tiles, so we’ve uncovered an effortless switch which could get it looking fresh and inviting at next to no time.
Included in our Variety of Easy Switches website articles, we are going to be taking a look at the simpler things that you can do in order to transform your bathroom. Within the following piece, we will explain to you just how simple it’s to live your bathroom space with bathtub wall panels.
When selecting your bathroom wall Coverings, you will find numerous options you might select from. Nevertheless, in splash zones, just such as the inner walls of your shower enclosure, the more area above your tub and also the distance behind your own bowl, you’re going to require an even far more watertight alternative that provides better security.
Lots of People Choose tiles, as they offer you an extremely strong surface that’s impervious to water. But as of late, a lot more folks are opting for shower wall panels that may likewise be used right throughout the bathroom.
The advantages of shower Panels tiles really are all clear to see
- Quick and effortless setup –may be fitted as much as 6 times faster compared to tiles, without the demand for an expert tiler.
- Cost-effective–lots of bathtub wall panels charge less per square meter than tiles
- 100% waterproof without a demand for grout
- Easy to wash –and easy wipe with a cloth is all that is required
- Can be fitted along with existing wall sheets such as tiles without any necessity to eliminate your older tiles
- Limitless trendy layout choices (which we will explore beneath)
- Lengthy warranties –for Extra reassurance
- Preparing on the own shower wall panels
- Measure your walls
Whether you’re simply upgrading The inner walls of your shower enclosure or even working directly on the bathroom, you will want to be aware of how much distance you will have to pay for. Have a look at our guide about what best to quantify your bathroom.
Choosing your bathtub panels
From the stylistic Viewpoint, There are dozens and dozens of colors and layouts you may choose from to reach your desired appearance. In VictoriaPlum.com we stock a massive variety. Here’s a direction for our choice:
Orchard Shower walls
Designed from 10mm stiff PVC, the Shower walls out of Orchard Bathrooms can be found in a range of simple yet fashionable layouts, such as polished white and marble-effect. Ensure you buy your Orchard installment kit and profiles to get a pro setup.
If You’re Looking to present Bold colors to your décor, Zenolite can be just a superb option. Made out of oil, that includes 20 times the impact strength of glassyet just half the weight, it supplies a mirror reflection glossy finish. Highly resistant to dents and resistant to moisture. Stands up to harsh compounds. Choose red, blue, green, black, and white, together side color-matched profiles and end caps along with an installation kit.
For this extra-special Accession To a bathroom, have a look at the magnificent shower walls available in the Louise Dear collection. Adding 4 of contemporary artist Louise Dear’s most renowned paintings, you also may enjoy your own slice of artwork each time you wash or shower.
Locate a range of color-matched panels included in this Artist Collection. They may even be applied as standalone panels in the event that you are only seeking to put in a pop of color for the insides.
Prior to installment
As soon as you’ve chosen your bathtub Just Before installation, it’s strongly advisable that you state your panels by placing down them level from the bathroom by which they’ll soon be fitted (or perhaps a comparable environment) for a time period between 4-8 –72 hrs. Do not break them in an angle against walls or between supporting structures.
How to match bathtub wall panels
In this informative article, we are using Setup directions can vary slightly according to which design and brand you pick. Thus, always consult with the documentation when installing your goods.
The setup kit ought to include fitting manual, dual-purpose clear glue coating, a roster of polyurethane tape, sanding pad, tile spacers, and also a plastic finishing instrument.
You’ll also want:
- Here’s the Way to match shower this consists of both vertically and horizontally. Wall panels may be fitted on multiple surfaces, such as tiles and plasterboard.
- Take your plank and then put it flat onto supports the front-facing upward, then mark out the cutting edge lines onto the board. Strips of tape may help to protect the borders while cutting down the panels into the necessary size. Bear in mind, to utilize the security goggles when applying the following tools. We are going to use the chrome cuts to provide a great clean conclusion to our borders. Thus, we’re removing the groove and tongue combine in either side of this board.
- Take a sanding pad and then run this together all of the cut borders. This will make a smooth finish and also eliminate any debris. This will enable the sealant to produce a stronger bond.
- To match panels we are employing the corner trimming piece. Insert a tiny bead of sealant into the wall and set the corner bit to position. Lay tile spacers under the positioning of this wall panel. This will permit for the sealant to be inserted later. We’re now prepared to use the sealant into the backside of this wall socket.
- Begin with placing 3 parallel bits of foam tape across the full length of this plank. Subsequently use the sealant, first using a narrow line either side, then zig-zag the surface or bottom to get increased coverage. End with big circles of shingles, to be certain it’s disperse equally.
- Now we will suit the end cut piece to the plank. Insert some sealant into the interior of the trimming, in addition to the edge of this wall panel. Subsequently position the cut in position. After adding a few sealants into the corner trimming bit, take out the backing coating from the foam tape.
- Lift the plank in position and slide into the corner bit with an angle. This prevents the tape from sticking into the wall before the panel is at the appropriate position.
- Repeat the process using all the residual panels ensuring that they have been properly positioned before trapping down securely. If you’d like a less observable sign, you’re able to use the groove and tongue unites. By the addition of a few masking tape, we are able to continue to keep a fine, neat conclusion when applying the sealant.
- Slide in to place and get rid of the tape. Finish the combine by conducting the silicone completing tool together with the groove.
- Use the exact same procedure when sealing the panels into a floor. Just a tiny sealant and you are done.
Enjoy your brand new bathroom appearance
In case you want additional inspiration, then have a look at more wall panel fashions around our website, just like the one pictured below.